The Embassy/Permanent Mission
The Mission was established in 1994. Vienna is a busy Mission. Much of it’s work emanates from the United Nations. The Mission provides opportunities for Kenya to project and promote itself positively in bilateral and multilateral issues and contributes towards the attainment of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs strategic objectives and Vision 2030.
The Mission is formally accredited to the Republic of Austria, Hungary, the Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Croatia and Ukraine. At multilateral level, it handles matters from the United Nations and other International Organizations in Vienna:
- United Nations Office At Vienna (UNOV)
- International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)
- United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO)
- Preparatory Commission to the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO)
- United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL)
- Sustainable Energy for All Initiative (SE4ALL)
- United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA)
- OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
- Organization for International Economic Relations (OiER)
- Hague Code of Conduct (HCoC)
- Vienna Center for Disarmament and Non-Proliferation (VCDNP)
- International Anti-Corruption Academy (IACA)
Kenya’s Foreign Policy is anchored on five interlinked pillars of diplomacy. These include the peace, economic, environment, diaspora and cultural pillars. The foreign policy objectives include protecting Kenya’s sovereignty and territorial integrity, advancing the economic prosperity of Kenya and her people, projecting Kenya’s image and prestige, promoting international cooperation and multilateralism, promoting and protecting the interests of Kenyans abroad and enhancing partnership with the Kenyan and African diaspora and their descendants.
The Mission’s website serves as a reference point and gateway to Kenya through its related links and also as a tool for the promotion, projection and protection of Kenya’s national interests at the United Nations and International Organizations based in Vienna and in the Mission’s countries of accreditation. It aims to provide greater access to services online, to Kenya citizens and those of other countries. It also aims to enhance interface between these stakeholders and the Mission.
Our mandate is to protect, promote and articulate Kenya’s Foreign Policy in Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, the United Nations and International Organizations in Vienna.
To be the best Kenyan Diplomatic Mission effectively representing our country in the countries of accreditation, the UN and other International Organizations based in Vienna.
To project, promote and protect Kenya’s interests and image in the countries of accreditation, the UN and International Organizations in Vienna through innovative diplomacy for the benefit of the people of Kenya.
• Ambassador Mary Mugwanja – Permanent Representative/Head of Mission
• Ambassador Harriet M. Nduma – Deputy Permanent Representative/Deputy Head of Mission
• Ms. Helen Koki – Minister/Legal
• Mr. Ronny G. Mutethia – First Counsellor
• Ms. Evelyne Ongáyo– First Counsellor
• Ms. Amina M Ali – Second Secretary
• Mr. Jimmy Titus Ngóta – Second Secretary
• Ms. Jane Wagara – Administrative Attaché
• Mr. Benta A Ndenga – Administrative Attaché
• Mr. Steven O. C. Osuga – Financial Attaché
Click here for our Strategic Plan 2018-2023